There are two public lines in Berlin which pass the most important sights. Line 100 stops at the Reichstag – this way our feet get a little rest and we see something of the city. The bus drives along the boulevard “Unter den Linden” and we get off at St.Mary’s Church. The 368m high TV Tower you can see from everywhere.
Behind St.Mary sits the Neptunbrunnen from 1891. In the center is Neptun and flanks by the four ladies who represent the four main rivers Rhein, Elbe, Oder and Weichsel.
The name of the Red Major House (Rotes Rathaus) is not meant ideological but the building is made from red bricks and is named so since it was built 1861. Since the reunification it is the home of the government of the Berlin.
The small quarter was of course destroyed in WW2 and rebuilt 1987 from old and new for the 750. year celebration of East Berlin. Now it is something what one could call “Old Berlin”.